Micklynn Creative: I like folders and office supplies.

But You Have to Draw a Line Somewhere.

I'm on the cusp of three years at my current job. I'm a creative. I have  organizational tendencies, but am not anal about it. (This introductory  sentence is pretty weird, huh?) What I'm saying it that I like folders  and office supplies. I like to use them to keep myself on track and to  make me feel good about myself.

I have a new office at work, and it is much more spacious. I feel really excited and motivated to start fresh and new. My biggest task with the move is weeding out the drawers of files that have accumulated over the 5 years that this position has been in existence. I  am not sure who, where, or why some of these documents require a folder,  but I'm also afraid of tossing something I will regret. In the past, I figure it is easier to push them to the back of the drawer, than to decide if they are worth it. However, with the excitement of the new space. I'm going to tackle this project!



I really question how busy  the past graphic designer was. No, actually I have a pretty good idea. For  instance, the job title was "Desktop Publisher" I believe that, right  there, is enough to help me understand why they had time to TYPE every  folder label. Really... who does this? Is there any graphic designer in  the world that types the labels for their files? I'm talking folding  files, hanging files, everything. Gag me.

Seriously, who needs a file folder called Voice Mail?





0 comments: